DD Bio Splint PHI – High Impact Polymer
DD Bio Splint P HI blanks consist of thermoplastic acrylic polymer based on polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA), with no toxic or allergenic materials. Using CAD/CAM technology, you will achieve a perfect fit with no re-machining. With a scan system and the DD Bite Splint module from exocad, you can build splints with adjusted surfaces. Thanks to this manufacturing process, the material is absolutely free of distortion and strain for a perfect fit.
DD Bio Splint P HI are transparent dental milling blanks out of PMMA for the manufacture of splints, therapeutic splints, bitegovernors and drilling templates for the long-term application in the oral cavity up to 12 months.
- Biocompatible–medical thermoplastic, no chemoplastic!
- Industrially polymerised–absolutely low residual monomer content
- High fracture resistance and continuous flexural load (treatment of bruxism)
- Plaque resistant – lowest water absorption -dense structure
- Good polishing properties
- CAM-optimised hardness (23 HV1) for good machinability
Flexural strength: ≥ 75 [MPa]
Flexural modulus: 2800 ( +/- 200) [MPa]
Water absorption: ≤ 23 [μg/mm3]
Solubility: 0,2 [μg/mm3]
Residual monomer content: 0,4 [%]
Product standard: DIN EN ISO 20795-1
Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA): 100%